Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching Up

Because I am a very bad blogger and don't post consistently, I thought I would finally share some pictures that I keep thinking I should post and never do.

This one is from Neewollah, which was back in October. Neewollah (Halloween spelled backwards) is Kansas' largest outdoor festival and takes place in Independence, KS where my grandparents live. It is my favorite holiday and I'm sure it will be Jack's favorite as well. Note Jack's very cool Neewollah t-shirt.

Next up are three smiling pictures. I really like the last one because it shows all of his teeth. He still just has eight, but we can feel some molars coming in. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize it would be fun to eat food other than baby food with all of these teeth. If we give him anything other than baby food, he pretty consistently gags and acts like it's the worst thing ever.






Lastly, here are some Christmas pictures. For Christmas Eve service, we made him dress up and wear dress pants, a button down shirt, a little vest and a tie. He looked adorable. Nathan thought he looked like he worked at a movie theater. He wasn't very impressed with Christmas overall, and he was very tired in the first Christmas picture. He was up way past his bedtime because of the Christmas Eve service.

Currently, if you want to impress Jack you need to be a car. He loves cars. Unfortunately for him, we live on a pretty quiet street. He has to stand at the door for quite a while to see a car go by. We went to the Plaza today and he went nuts for all the cars. He points and says "car" whenever he sees one. He also says "da-da" but wouldn't dare say "ma-ma." But he does give me kisses and doesn't give them to Nathan, so at least I have that going for me. Except tonight he gave me a kiss on the cheek and proceeded to bite me and then look at me and laugh. Of course that made me laugh, so I probably just taught him it's funny to bite.



2 comments:

A-dub said...

What a handsome young man.

The Bailes said...

WOW...he is so old...and all of those teeth! It's been too long, can't wait to see you tomorrow!