Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oooh! What's This Right Here?

This past weekend, Nathan built Jack his very own swing set. We weren't going to get him a swing set, but then we found one at Toys R Us for a good price and on sale. Nathan had to call all the Toys R Us stores in Kansas City to find the very last one. The reviews online said it took an average of 12 hours to put the swing set together. But, Nathan is a super dad and it only took him 10 hours! It was a very long Saturday... but it was worth it when Jack finally figured out what Daddy was doing. He saw the ladder first and exclaimed, "Ooooh! What's this right here?"


Here he is in his "house," as he calls it.


He really likes graham crackers these days, as you might notice in these pictures.


He was a big help to Nathan the whole day. Ha, ha.


Looking out his window...


And trying out his new swing.


And here is the almost finished product. I guess I didn't take a picture after all the swings were finished. I don't think Nathan will be starting a side business assembling swing sets anytime soon. But I'm sure Jack will get hours of fun from his new house.

3 comments:

smile4niki said...

Caleb is building Loralie one in our backyard right now. Unfortunately we don't have nearly as much progress as you guys...five posts concreted into the ground. Hey, what's Nathan doing this weekend??? wink, wink...

The Bailes said...

That looks like fun, can't wait to come try it out!

katherine said...

We're definitely coming to visit now! I'm sure Jack will get way more than 10 hours of fun out of his swing set. :)