Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Outdoor Fun

We've been outside a lot lately. On Saturday, we went to Baldwin to celebrate Grandpa Glen's birthday.



After the party, we went on a farm tour with Great Grandpa Bill and Great Grandma Pat. The first farm we went to raised alpacas. I had never seen an alpaca before, or even heard of one for that matter. They are cute little animals and are raised so wool can be made out of their hair. Jack really liked feeding them and Henry wanted to touch them too. He definitely preferred looking at the alpacas over looking at the camera for a picture.









Next we went to a honeybee farm. Jack wasn't quite as impressed with this farm, but it was interesting that this kind of weird man raises bees, lots of them. I was a little nervous about getting a bee sting, or one of the boys getting one. There were bees everywhere!

Today we went to the pumpkin patch for the 4th or 5th time already this year. We are taking advantage of our season pass from groupon! Today was extra exciting because we met Jack's good buddies Ben and Sam there. They had a great time running around and enjoyed apple cider slushes before we went home.






Sweet Henry had fun too. His big excitement today came after we got home. He learned how to go from laying down and crawling around to sitting up all by himself. And he also learned how to pull up on the shelves of his changing table... which means I now have to move the diapers, kleenexes and burp cloths I have there because he's going to try to get them all the time. He is a very busy little boy these days.




1 comment:

The Bailes said...

Those farms sound like fun! I have to teach Jack my alpaca song sometime. Lea loves it ;)