Today’s was Jack’s last day of preschool. Here’s a picture from this morning and next is his picture from his first day of school back in August. He looks so much bigger and older, and today he refused to pose next to his tricycle unless his bike was also in the picture. Tricycles are for babies.
This morning the kids did a little program and sang songs they learned in Spanish class and in music class, and then all the parents went to their classroom for a little presentation from their teacher, Ms. Angie. I am so thankful God placed him at Second Friends, and specifically in Ms. Angie’s class. I was nervous about him going to preschool this year, and everything at his school confirmed our decision for the positive. The area I’ve most enjoyed watching him grow in is learning how to make friends on his own. There were six boys and six girls in his class and the boys especially are all now great friends and have all sorts of games they made up together on the playground. One of his friends is coming over tomorrow morning and Jack is already talking about how they’ll play “agent” together.
Another blessing this year was his teacher. Ms. Angie set the bar very high for all future teachers, both in Jack’s eyes and for Nathan and I. Today she gave each child a portfolio she made for them throughout the year. It is a really great scrapbook, complete with samples of his writing, cutting, crafts and pictures from their field trips and special times throughout the year. Jack loves looking through it and has already declared it, “His new favorite book.” She also created “Who Am I?” sheets for each child and read them aloud this morning. Then the kids had to guess who she was describing. Here is how she described Jack:
“I have a great imagination, which is strengthened by all the books I love. I love new experiences as I make memories with my parents and grandparents. I am an investigator and make many observations about what I see. I am brave and always willing to try new things.”
Jack is completely mystified by the fact that Ms. Angie won’t be his teacher next year. She goes to our church and we tried to explain he’ll still see her on Sundays. He didn’t buy it and said, “I don’t think she’ll recognize me, because I’ll be an adult.”
Before he becomes an adult, he’s pretty excited about summer and going swimming every day. In August, he’ll start his pre-K year at Second Friends. He’ll still go on Tuesday/Thursdays but next year he’ll be there from 9 to 3 instead of 9 to 12.
1 comment:
Were there tears, Heather?! I can't believe how much older Jack looks in just a few months!
Post a Comment