Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wo, Wo Henry




Henry's vocabulary has exploded in the past couple of weeks. I read something the other day that said many 20-month olds learn about 10 new words a day. I think this is true for him right now. While I am certainly thankful he is learning to talk, it makes me a bit sad because some of his baby words are going away. So I thought I'd write some down or I'll forget them.

Uh-zah - This used to be his word for anything in the affirmative. He never said yes. One day he just didn't say uh-zah anymore. Now he says, "Yeah."

Boop - Now he says "book."

Bubba - He doesn't say this for Jack anymore. Now he can say, "Jack."

Mac - Now it's "mac-roni."

He also just knows things now. He's been listening to us talk all along and now he's joining in the conversation. Today we were getting ready to take Jack to school and Henry started saying, "Ms. Deana." She is Jack's teacher.

Yesterday when he was supposed to be napping he was yelling, "hot wheels" over and over. I went in and was rocking him to try and make him go to sleep and he kept saying it over and over again. So I said in my serious mommy voice, "Henry if you say hot wheels again I'm putting you back in your bed." He just looked at me and whispered, "hot wheels." Then he grinned at me.

And now when he's hungry he climbs up in his chair and says, "Ready eat." "Try one" is another favorite request, specifically when I'm cutting up fruit before meals.

But, he still can't say, "I love you." So he and Jack made up the phrase, "wo wo" to tell each other "I love you." I'll be sad when that one goes away. Wo wo Henry.

No comments: