Monday, July 29, 2013

Legoland

I've been trying to find a day to take the boys to Legoland all summer... today it finally worked out to go. Nathan is home since we're leaving on Wednesday for vacation. When we told Jack this morning that we were going, he starting jumping on the bed and screaming he was so excited. Both boys love legos. Last Christmas Jack got his first box of "real" legos and Henry inherited the duplos. Both of them spend considerable amounts of time in their rooms building. However, I wasn't sure how long Henry would last at Legoland. I figured two hours tops. We even drove two cars so Jack and Nathan could stay longer. Well, I underestimated Henry! We arrived at 10 and didn't get in until about 10:45, and we didn't leave until 3:15. They both absolutely loved it. We rode both rides two times and Jack did a master builder class. We all watched one 4D movie together; they only last about 15 minutes. The movies are really cool and it even snows on you during the show. Henry didn't like that at all and started crying. So after lunch Nathan and Jack went back and watched two more movies and I went to the last one with Jack. All the while Henry was completely content playing in the duplo corner, building and going down a slide (at least 30 times) that was just his size. They also had fun playing in the huge play structure for awhile. Needless to say, they had a blast! When we got home they had a snack and I parked them on the couch to watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. We all needed a little break... Legoland wore us out!




No comments: