Jack started 2nd grade today. He says the best part of his day was lunch -- because I sent a brownie for him and he got to sit by his good buddy Preston (who just got in to EPiC a few days ago). We celebrated the start of a new school year last night with his favorite dinner of spicy pasta and chicken parmesan, and chocolate cake.
He had to get up about an hour earlier this morning than he’s used to from his summer schedule. And he wanted Henry and I to walk in to his classroom with him this morning. He had a great day with his new teachers, Mrs. Peck and Mrs. Torres. One of the great things about EPiC is that the same 50 kids are together every year. So he already knows everyone in his class and it sounds like they had a great time seeing each other after their summer break. While Jack was at school, Henry and I made a batch of our new favorite treat – homemade lemonade. For this batch we had to juice 11 lemons!
We were excited to pick Jack up and hear about his day. He wanted to come home and play on his iPad for a little while (he had to leave it at school all summer). Then he a snack of chocolate cake and we went to play outside. The boys played in the rice box, which I realized I made before Henry was born! It’s back to school tomorrow and Thursday, and then they have a half day on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment