Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

My mom and dad were kind enough to sacrifice their weekend and come up to take care of Jack so Heather and I could celebrate our fourth anniversary. They stayed with him on Saturday night while Heather and I had an adults-only dinner at Blue Koi. Jack had a good time with all the attention, although he hasn't been sleeping all that well for the last several days. Luckily, when he wakes up, he always seems to have forgotten the frantic pre-sleep crying that Heather and I are enjoying so much.







Jack has also introduced us to a new little grin over the last week. It's a little less genuine than his real smile, but still is pretty cute.

We finished out the weekend with a little swim in Jack's pool. The water was a little chilly at first, but he got used to it and started working on his ball carrying skills. Larry Johnson should take notes.


2 comments:

Indy Bill said...

All of Jack's smile are cute. I think you guys need to get out more. We are alwys ready to come up or you can bring him to Independence. We have some nice places to eat here. (McDonalds, Q & Q, Uncle Jack)

Grandpa

The Bailes said...

I love Jack's new grin...looks kind of mischievous to me! And, I'm glad you censored the pic with the football...haha! Just remember that after baby B comes here in a few weeks, we can trade date nights! There are lots of places to eat in Liberty too!