
He's doing great riding it, and on Tuesday we went to a trail near our house to ride his bike and play at the park. Our hike, as Jack called it, went great until I told him he could ride down a hill to the parking lot. This was a big mistake on my part. I overestimated Jack's bike riding skills and he wiped out big time. It played out in slow motion -- Jack fell off and the bike kept going... toward the other parked cars. I had to park Henry in his stroller, run to Jack and pick him up, make sure he was okay and then chase the runaway bike. He recovered quickly with a few scrapes on his elbow and leg. But when Nathan got home the first thing Jack says to him is, "Daddy, I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." He got that line from the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" that Aunt Regina got him when Henry was born. Poor baby!
Last week Henry learned how to pull up in his crib. So now his mattress is lowered down to the bottom setting. He thinks it's pretty fun to stand up in his crib.

And here is a funny picture.

1 comment:
I'm so sorry Jack wiped out, but I love that he correlated the book with his day!!
Post a Comment