Thursday, February 12, 2015

Life Lately…

I haven’t been blogging about everyday things lately, so I thought I’d capture some of what’s been going on around here.

Henry and I have come to love Tuesdays. It’s our only day at home with nothing to do. Mondays and Wednesday mornings he has preschool, while I go to the gym and volunteer at EPiC. Thursdays we have BSF and Fridays we go to the gym. So, Tuesdays are our stay at home, play and catch up day. We usually drop Jack at school and then come home and watch a Pioneer Woman. I think he’s watched too many Pioneer Woman episodes because he told me Tuesday he’s going to start his own cooking show. His favorite part of school is the crafts and he has some of his favorites, along with his two pet rocks, arranged on his dresser. This Tuesday he especially liked making a little town out of tiny blocks, his tiny animals and some legos. We also downloaded a Lego Junior app that he loves playing. And he stayed in his jammies all day.

DSC_6563DSC_6566DSC_6577

Jack had an especially fun day today at school. They had early release (out 2 hours early) and got to wear their pajamas to school. They have been working really hard since Christmas to get ready for Exhibition Night, which was Tuesday. Instead of parent/teacher conferences, they have 2 evenings a year when they showcase their work. In first grade they learned all about healthy eating and body systems. They have done all sorts of cool projects, from keeping a food journal to making their own class website about healthy habits. Today they also had a surprise birthday party for Mrs. Compton. Jack loves Mrs. Compton! About two weeks ago he found out when her birthday was and decided he wanted to get her something sparkly because she likes sparkles. We walked down just about every aisle at Target to find the perfect gift. He settled on a shiny and sparkly gold necklace and made her a beautiful picture.

DSC_6595

Our other exciting event today was me realizing Jack is tall enough to rinse dishes and put them in the dishwasher! Look at that smile – who wants to bet he won’t be quite so happy when he realizes it wasn’t a one-time thing?

DSC_6598DSC_6600

No comments: