Saturday, April 13, 2013

Batman Drinks Warm Milk




According to Henry, Batman drinks warm milk. He declared this at lunch today as he begged us to warm up his second glass of milk. When I weaned him, he refused to drink milk out of a sippy cup. I tried everything, even chocolate milk. And then finally, when I warmed up his milk, he decided it was okay.

Now, a year later, he still drinks warm milk. He uses one of two identical sippy cups and we warm it up for exactly 18 seconds. He would drink warm milk all day if we let him. Every few weeks, Nathan decides that Henry needs to drink cold milk. So if he wants a second glass of milk he has to drink it cold. We try to encourage him by telling him big boys drink cold milk. Jack drinks cold milk. And Batman drinks cold milk too.

But today, Henry turned the tables on daddy when he announced, "Batman drinks warm milk." And he is right, for now, Batman does drink warm milk, while wearing his new swim goggles.

1 comment:

katherine said...

That photo is so cute!

I wish batgirl over here would drink warm milk. I tried that trick after remembering it worked for you but no such luck. She won't drink any kind of milk except straight from the source ie. ME!